Friday, August 14, 2026

Public Utility Commission Sets Oct. 29 Prehearing On Transource Pennsylvania, LLC 230kV Project 9A West Transmission Line In Franklin County

The
Public Utility Commission published notices in the August 15 PA Bulletin announcing an October 29 prehearing on the siting and construction of the Transource Pennsylvania, LLC 230 kV Project 9A West - Rice - Ringgold Transmission Line Project in Franklin County.
 (Notice 1. Notice 2.)

The hearing previously scheduled for August 19 has been cancelled.

Transource Pennsylvania proposes to build a 29-mile 230-kilovolt transmission line between an existing substation near Smithsburg, Maryland and a proposed substation in Greene Township, south of Shippensburg in Pennsylvania.

The purpose of the in-person prehearing conference is to discuss all relevant procedural issues, including inter alia, consolidation, development of a procedural schedule and deadlines for discovery, related to these three proceedings. 

The parties must be fully prepared for a useful discussion of all issues involved in the proceedings, both procedural and substantive and fully authorized to make commitments with respect thereto.

Instructions for filing formal protests and petitions to intervene and other procedural matters are included in the notices.

The October 29 hearing will be held in Hearing Room 1, Keystone Building 400 North Street in Harrisburg starting at 9:00 a.m. before Administrative Law Judges Emily A. Farren and Judge Steven K. Haas.

Read the PA Bulletin notices for more information.  (Notice 1. Notice 2.)

Related Articles This Week:

-- Governor’s Office Expected To Announce Further Steps To Regulate A.I. Data Centers ‘Shortly;’  100 Data Center Proposals Being Discussed in PA, 55 Have Some Interaction With DEP  [PaEN] 

-- Concerned Citizens Of Montour County Announce Aug. 20 DEP Meeting To Discuss How The Environmental Justice Permit Policy May Apply To Proposed Talen Energy Natural Gas Power Plant In Derry Twp., Montour County  [PaEN] 

-- PJM Formally Submits FERC Proposal On Connecting Data Centers That Bring And Don't Bring Their Own Power Supplies  [PaEN] 

-- PJM, Dominion Energy Reviewing Impacts Of Sudden Disconnection Of 3,800 MW Of Electricity Load By A.I. Data Centers In Virginia On July 22 

-- PJM: FERC Accepts PJM Minimum Capitalization Rules To Be Eligible To Participate In PJM Markets

-- In Case You Missed It: A.I./Data Center Articles - NewClips From Last Week - August 17  [PaEN] 

Public Participation:

-- DEP Invites Comments On Air Quality Permit For Installation Of 86 More Backup Diesel Generators, Fuel Storage Tanks For An Expansion Of The Existing Amazon Data Center In Salem Twp., Luzerne County  [PaEN] 

-- DEP Invites Comments On Proposed Use Of Emission Credits By Invitium Energy LLC [PPL-Blackstone Joint Venture] For Proposed Shermans Dale Natural Gas Power Plant In Carroll Twp., Perry County To Feed Data Centers  [PaEN]

-- Public Utility Commission Sets Oct. 29 Prehearing On Transource Pennsylvania, LLC 230kV Project 9A West Transmission Line In Franklin County  [PaEN] 

-- DEP Invites Comments On Stormwater Permit For PPL Electric Stanton Summit Transmission Line Rebuild In Lackawanna, Luzerne Counties  [PaEN] 

-- Scranton Times: 5th Hearing On Essential Energy Data Center Power Plant In Archbald Boro Resumes Aug. 18 

-- Morning Call: Upper Mount Bethel Twp. Sets Aug. 24 Meeting To Consider $50 Million A.I. Data Center Agreement With Developers

-- TribLive: Murrysville Will Hold Sept. 2 Hearing On Regulations For A.I. Data Centers, Solar Energy Facilities, Beekeeping In Westmoreland County

-- PA Data Center Hearings & Meetings - Physicians For Social Responsibility PA

NewsClips:

-- The Center Square: Noisy A.I. Data Center Debate Goes On While PA Lawmakers On Summer Break 

-- PA Capital-Star: A.I. Data Center Proposals Keep Coming To Pennsylvania - So Does The Outcry

-- WHYY - Susan Phillips: Opposition To A.I. Data Center Construction Is Rising Sharply, Penn Poll Says  

-- Pittsburgh Business Times: General Assembly Likely To Take Up A.I. Data Centers Again Soon

-- Inquirer: How Josh Shapiro’s Early Embrace Of A.I. Data Centers Is Testing His High Popularity In Pennsylvania 

-- Inquirer Editorial: Pennsylvania’s Data Center Boom Needs A Pause

-- Republican Herald Editorial: Don’t Delay Studies Of Health, Environmental Impact Of A.I. Data Centers 

-- PA Capital-Star: A.I. Data Center Developers Want To Build In 3 PA Communities - Each Has Its Own Experience   

-- Kleinman Center For Energy Policy Blog: Pennsylvania Has Yet To Meaningfully Regulate Exploding A.I. Data Center Development - By John Quigley, Senior Fellow  [Part 1 of 2] 

-- Kleinman Center For Energy Policy Blog: PA Responsible Infrastructure Development (GRID) Proposal For A.I. Data Centers Falls Well Short Of Its Stated Goals - By John Quigley, Senior Fellow [Part 2 of 2] 

-- Pittsburgh Business Times - Babst Calland Law: One Year Later - How PA’s A.I. Data Center Rules Are Rewriting Deal Terms 

-- Utility Dive: PPL Corp - Blackstone Joint Venture Secures 5 GW Of Natural Gas Turbines For A.I. Data Centers In Pennsylvania 

[Posted: August 14, 2026]  PA Environment Digest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe To Receive Updates:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner