The Plan Approval would authorize the installation of 84 diesel backup generators, 2 auxiliary emergency generators, diesel belly storage tanks and three 12,000 gallon aboveground storage tanks for fuel.
The backup generators would meet EPA Tier II certification and the auxiliary generators would meet Tier III.
The backup generators would be field by both ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel and renewable diesel fuel conforming to ASTM D975 standards.
No hearing has been scheduled, but one may be requested.
Comments are due September 14-- 30 days from this notice.
Comments should be sent to Shailesh Patel, P.E., Environmental Engineer Manager, DEP Northeast Regional Office, 2 Public Square, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701. Patel’s email is: spatel@pa.gov.
Copies of the application and other documents used in the evaluation of the application are available for public review at the DEP Northeast Regional Office, 2 Public Square, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701.
To arrange a specific appointment to review the documents, call 570-826-2511.
Read the entire PA Bulletin notice for more information. (PA Bulletin, page 5457)
For more information on environmental programs in Pennsylvania, visit DEP’s website. Submit Environmental Complaints; Click Here to sign up for DEP’s newsletter; sign up for DEP’s eNotice; Like DEP on Facebook, Follow DEP on Twitter and visit DEP’s YouTube Channel.
Related Articles This Week:
-- Governor’s Office Expected To Announce Further Steps To Regulate A.I. Data Centers ‘Shortly;’ 100 Data Center Proposals Being Discussed in PA, 55 Have Some Interaction With DEP [PaEN]
-- Concerned Citizens Of Montour County Announce Aug. 20 DEP Meeting To Discuss How The Environmental Justice Permit Policy May Apply To Proposed Talen Energy Natural Gas Power Plant In Derry Twp., Montour County [PaEN]
-- PJM Formally Submits FERC Proposal On Connecting Data Centers That Bring And Don't Bring Their Own Power Supplies [PaEN]
-- PJM, Dominion Energy Reviewing Impacts Of Sudden Disconnection Of 3,800 MW Of Electricity Load By A.I. Data Centers In Virginia On July 22
-- PJM: FERC Accepts PJM Minimum Capitalization Rules To Be Eligible To Participate In PJM Markets
-- In Case You Missed It: A.I./Data Center Articles - NewClips From Last Week - August 17 [PaEN]
Public Participation:
-- DEP Invites Comments On Air Quality Permit For Installation Of 86 More Backup Diesel Generators, Fuel Storage Tanks For An Expansion Of The Existing Amazon Data Center In Salem Twp., Luzerne County [PaEN]
-- Public Utility Commission Sets Oct. 29 Prehearing On Transource Pennsylvania, LLC 230kV Project 9A West Transmission Line In Franklin County [PaEN]
-- DEP Invites Comments On Stormwater Permit For PPL Electric Stanton Summit Transmission Line Rebuild In Lackawanna, Luzerne Counties [PaEN]
-- Scranton Times: 5th Hearing On Essential Energy Data Center Power Plant In Archbald Boro Resumes Aug. 18
-- Morning Call: Upper Mount Bethel Twp. Sets Aug. 24 Meeting To Consider $50 Million A.I. Data Center Agreement With Developers
-- PA Data Center Hearings & Meetings - Physicians For Social Responsibility PA
NewsClips:
-- The Center Square: Noisy A.I. Data Center Debate Goes On While PA Lawmakers On Summer Break
-- PA Capital-Star: A.I. Data Center Proposals Keep Coming To Pennsylvania - So Does The Outcry
-- WHYY - Susan Phillips: Opposition To A.I. Data Center Construction Is Rising Sharply, Penn Poll Says
-- Pittsburgh Business Times: General Assembly Likely To Take Up A.I. Data Centers Again Soon
-- Inquirer: How Josh Shapiro’s Early Embrace Of A.I. Data Centers Is Testing His High Popularity In Pennsylvania
-- Inquirer Editorial: Pennsylvania’s Data Center Boom Needs A Pause
-- Republican Herald Editorial: Don’t Delay Studies Of Health, Environmental Impact Of A.I. Data Centers
-- PA Capital-Star: A.I. Data Center Developers Want To Build In 3 PA Communities - Each Has Its Own Experience
-- Kleinman Center For Energy Policy Blog: Pennsylvania Has Yet To Meaningfully Regulate Exploding A.I. Data Center Development - By John Quigley, Senior Fellow [Part 1 of 2]
-- Kleinman Center For Energy Policy Blog: PA Responsible Infrastructure Development (GRID) Proposal For A.I. Data Centers Falls Well Short Of Its Stated Goals - By John Quigley, Senior Fellow [Part 2 of 2]
-- Pittsburgh Business Times - Babst Calland Law: One Year Later - How PA’s A.I. Data Center Rules Are Rewriting Deal Terms
-- Utility Dive: PPL Corp - Blackstone Joint Venture Secures 5 GW Of Natural Gas Turbines For A.I. Data Centers In Pennsylvania
[Posted: August 14, 2026] PA Environment Digest

No comments :
Post a Comment