Friday, September 11, 2026

DEP Received Act 2 Land Recycling Remediation Report For Former Cheswick Generating Station Data Center Site In Springdale, Allegheny County

The Department of Environmental Protection published notice in the September 12 PA Bulletin announcing it has received an Act 2 Land Recycling Program Remedial Investigation Report/ Cleanup Plan on the remediation of soil and groundwater contamination from Allegheny DC PropCo for the former Cheswick Generating Station data center site in Springdale Borough, Allegheny County. (PA Bulletin, page 6090)

The Report documents how remediation of the site contaminated with inorganics, lead, other organics, PCBs and other chemicals meet the Site-Specific Standards at the facility.

DEP’s Southwest Regional Office Environmental Cleanup and Brownfields Program is now reviewing the report to determine if it meets Act 2 Land Recycling Program standards.

To arrange for the in-person review of the Report, contact Janelle Hromyak at 412-442-4091.

Questions should be directed to DEP’s Southwest Regional Office Environmental Cleanup and Brownfields Program at 412-442-4000.

Read the entire PA Bulletin notice for more information.  (PA Bulletin, page 6090)

For more information on environmental programs in Pennsylvania, visit DEP’s websiteSubmit Environmental Complaints; Click Here to sign up for DEP’s newsletter; sign up for DEP’s eNotice; Like DEP on Facebook, Follow DEP on Twitter and visit DEP’s YouTube Channel.

Related Articles This Week:

-- PUC Moves To Address A.I. Data Center Impacts On Emergency Load Control Procedures, Allocation Of Costs Associated With Large Loads; Technical Conference On Cost Responsibility To Be Held  [PaEN] 

-- PUC Launches Review Of Utility Ratemaking, Working Group To Address Affordability, Transparency And Changing Economic Conditions  [PaEN]

-- PJM Interconnection Proposes Changes To Reliability Standards To Address Situations Where A.I. Data Centers Disconnect From The Grid Without Warning And Threaten Grid Stability  [PaEN] 

-- PUC Issues $875,000 Penalty In Settlement With Columbia Gas For 2019/2020 Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Violations In Allegheny, Washington Counties  [PaEN]  

NewsClips:

-- Scranton Times: Wildcat Ridge A.I. Data Center Developer Wants All Elected Archbald Boro Council Members Removed From Data Center Decision-Making Process, Which Leads To Automatic Approval Of The Proposal; 9th Hearing Set For Today [Sept. 9]    [PDF of Article]   

-- ABC27: PA Building Trades Union Leader Supports Construction Of A.I. Data Centers, But Wants Them Built ‘Responsibility’

-- Pittsburgh Business Times: Public A.I. Data Center Support Has Collapsed; Here’s What Happens Next

-- Wall Street Journal Column: Upset About A.I. Data Centers? Big Tech And The President Think You’re A Socialist Dupe 

-- Wall Street Journal: States That Gave A.I. Data Centers Billions In Tax Breaks Are Now Ripping Up The Deals 

[Posted: September 11, 2026]  PA Environment Digest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe To Receive Updates:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner