Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Cumberland County Water Forum To Be Held October 21 At Dickinson College In Carlisle

Want to learn more about what is shaping the future of water quality and quantity in Cumberland County?

Attend the Cumberland County Water Forum to be held October 21 in the Allison Community Room at Dickinson College, 99 Mooreland Avenue in Carlisle from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.

The Forum is bringing together experts from across the region to discuss key trends affecting our water resources.

The evening will include networking, refreshments, and resource tables, followed by a panel discussion and Q&A.

Panelists will include--

-- ALLARM (Alliance for Aquatic Resource Monitoring) at Dickinson College

-- Cumberland County Planning Department

-- Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association

-- Penn State Cooperative Extension

-- Susquehanna River Basin Commission

The moderator will be Grow Conservation.

Event sponsors include RETTEW and HRG (Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.)

To RSVP, visit the Cumberland County Water Forum webpage.  Attendance will be limited to approximately 60-75 people.

Related Articles This Week:

-- Hundreds Of Protesters Tell Governor Shapiro, Legislators, “We Won’t Back Down;” Call For Data Center Moratorium  [PaEN] 

-- PUC Chairman Calls For Preemption Of Local Decisions On Needed Electric Generation Facilities; A Firm Bring Your Own Power Before Data Centers Connect To The Grid; PUC Study Identifies 21 Potential Generation Sites [PaEN] 

-- Evangelical Environmental Network Action Celebrates PA House Passage Of Battery Storage Legislation With Bipartisan Support  [PaEN]  

-- Beaver County Community Organizing Summit On A.I. Data Centers Set For Oct. 17 In Monaca  [PaEN] 

-- Fit Energy Data Center/Power Plant Developer Says It Is Working With Newport Township On A Community Benefits Agreement; Township Manager Welcomed The Company's Investment In The Luzerne County Community  [PaEN]  

NewsClips:

-- Erie Times/USAToday: Capitol Rally Pushes Pennsylvania A.I. Data Center Moratorium; Protesters Compare Data Centers To Unfulfilled Promises Of Jobs, Eco-Friendly Of Shale Gas Fracking Industry

-- The Center Square: Disgust, Frustration, Concern Over A.I. Data Centers Unleashed In State Capitol

-- PA Capital-Star: A Call For Gov. Shapiro And State Lawmakers To Pass An A.I. Data Center Moratorium In PA

-- Altoona Mirror: Protesters Demand Legislative Action On A.I. Data Center Moratorium

-- Tribune-Democrat: PA House Advances Bill Requiring Battery Storage For Electric Utilities To Increase Grid Reliability [Republicans Oppose]

-- PennLive/LehighValleyLive: In Pennsylvania, Residents Turn Down $10,000/Household In Hazle Twp., Luzerne County To Back An A.I. Data Center: ‘It’s Like Bribery’ 

-- PennLive/LehighValleyLive: Outmaneuvered, Outmatched And Outspent: How A.I. Data Centers Are Overwhelming Small-Town America

-- PennLive/LehighValleyLive: Play This A.I. Data Center Simulator To Step Into The Role Of Decision-Maker

-- PA Capital-Star: Some State Leaders Say Changes To PM’s Electric Grid Governance Aren’t Enough

-- Asset Leadership Network: Root Cause Of Energy Unaffordability In PA - Kabuki Theater In Public Utility Ratemaking - And Bad Decision Making - By Richard C. Culbertson, Senior Fellow

[Posted: October 7, 2026] PA Environment Digest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe To Receive Updates:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner