-- Article I, Section 27 Pennsylvania Constitution [It’s Not A Suggestion]
House Voting Schedule
September 9, 28, 29, 30
October 5, 6, 7, 19, 20, 21
November 9, 10
Senate Voting Schedule
September 28, 29, 30
October 5, 6, 7, 19, 20, 21
November 17, 18
TODAY’s Calendar Of Events
September 8-- CANCELED. Environmental Quality Board meeting. Next scheduled meeting is October 13. Contact: Laura Griffin, Regulatory Coordinator, laurgriffi@pa.gov, (717) 772-3277. (formal notice)
September 9-- Agenda Posted. DEP Water Resources Advisory Committee meeting. Room 105 Rachel Carson. 9:30 a.m.
September 9-10-- In-Person. PUC: 2026 Pipeline, Electric & Cybersecurity Safety Conference In State College
September 10-- In-Person/Virtual. Local Organizations To Host Town Hall Meeting On A.I. Data Centers In Fayette County, And Online . 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
September 16-- Agenda Posted. DEP Oil & Gas Technical Advisory Board meeting. 10:00 a.m. Contact: Todd M. Wallace twallace@pa.gov. (formal notice)
September 16-- Agenda Posted. Susquehanna River Basin Commission regular business meeting. Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, 14 Mitchell Drive, Bloomsburg. 9:00 a.m. (formal notice)
September 16-- Town Hall Meeting On Findings From PA PFAS ‘Forever Chemicals’ Multi-Site Health Study In Bucks, Montgomery Counties And What They Mean For Local Families. Hatboro-Horsham High School Auditorium, 899 Horsham Road in Horsham, Montgomery County. 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
-- PJM Interconnection Extends Maximum Generation Alert, Load Management Alert To Sept. 3; Order In Place To Require Data Centers, Large Loads To Go To Backup Generation If Needed [PaEN]
-- Organizations Defend Delaware River Basin Commission Shale Gas Fracking Ban [PaEN]
-- Independent Fiscal Office Reports 2nd Quarter PA Natural Gas Production Declines Slightly Again; Price Of Natural Gas For Residential Customers Increased By 7.3% From Prior Year [PaEN]
-- Penn State Extension Hosts Nov. 6 Energy And Agriculture Conference In Cumberland County [PaEN]
-- Pittsburgh Business Times: Pittsburgh-based Energy Storage Maker Eos Energy Partners With Google On West Virginia Solar Project
-- Planet Philadelphia Radio Program: Sept. 4 - New Solutions For Large-Scale Technical Environmental Problems - Battery Storage, Fresh Water, 4:30 p.m.
-- PA Environmental Council In Case You Missed It In August: Executive Action On A.I. Data Centers; Interview With Franklin Kury; Ride With PEC; Mini Grant Opportunity; Outdoors For All [PaEN]
-- FirstEnergy Utilities Foundation Awards $1.2 Million In Grants To 37 PA Food Banks To Provide 3.6 Million Meals
-- Wilkes-Barre Times Leader: Eastern PA Coalition For Abandoned Mine Reclamation Takes DEP Officials On Field Tour Of Abandoned Mine Reclamation Projects In Luzerne County
-- Observer-Reporter: Glass Recycling Set For Saturday [Sept. 5] In Washington County
-- Forests For The Chesapeake Bay News: Invitation To Readers To Take Survey On Sharing Information
-- PennLive/LehighValleyLive: 2nd Largest Dam Removal In PA History To Being On Neshaminy Creek At Tyler State Park In Bucks County
-- Erie Times: This Trail Thru Pennsylvania Turns 9/11 Remembrance Into A Journey
-- Reading Eagle: Section Filling Schuylkill River Trail Gap Now Complete; 70 Uninterrupted Miles Between Reading And Philadelphia
-- DCNR Offers More Deer Hunting Opportunities In State Forests, State Parks Thru Deer Management Assistance Program
-- Chesapeake Bay Journal: Bill Proposes Scarlet Tanager As Pennsylvania’s Official Migratory Bird
-- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary To Hold Annual Fall Native Plant Sale Sept. 19, Kempton, Berks County
-- DEP To Conduct Mosquito Control Spraying In Lycoming County Sept. 3
-- DEP To Conduct Mosquito Control Spraying In Westmoreland County Sept. 3
-- The PA Capital-Star: PA Republican Lawmakers Explore Increased Public Health Reporting For Tick-Borne Diseases
A.I. /Data Centers
-- Financial Times - Bethlehem, PA Project: Pennsylvania Voters Unite Against A.I. Data Centers: ‘People Are Going To Get Screwed’ [PDF of Article]
-- The Economist: How A.I. Data Centers Became One Of America’s Hottest Political Issues [PA Included]
-- Washington Post: How The A.I. Data Center Backlash Is Growing In US Statehouses [PA Included]
-- Scranton Times: Lackawanna County To Seek Proposals For A.I. Data Center Emergency Response Assessment
-- Wilkes-Barre Times Leader: Dallas Twp. Creates A.I. Data Center Advisory Committee To Recommend Changes To Regulations In Luzerne County
-- Pottstown Mercury: Limerick Twp., Montgomery County Supervisor Abruptly Resigns Amid Consideration Of A.I. Data Center Proposal
-- Morning Call: Empty Warehouse In Allen Twp. Could Soon Become A.I. Data Center In Northampton County
-- Morning Call: A.I. Data Center Developers Tout Economic Benefits, How Much Could They Affect Lehigh Valley Economy?
-- Morning Call: PPL Electric Investing In Grid Technology To Help Keep The Lights On As Demand Rises; Here’s A Look Inside
-- PennLive - Charles Thompson: Middlesex Twp. Supervisors Voted 2-0 To Give Key Approvals To First Of 3 A.I. Data Center Campuses In Cumberland County; Opponents Turn To Court
-- WITF: Middlesex Twp. Approves First Phase Of Controversial A.I. Data Center Project In Cumberland County
-- Local Organizations To Host Sept. 10 Town Hall Meeting On A.I. Data Centers In Fayette County, And Online [PaEN]
-- Pittsburgh Business Times: NextEra’s $13 Billion Natural Gas Data Center Power Plant Complex In Luzerne Twp., Fayette County To Be A Game Changer For Region
-- CNBC: PA Gov. Shapiro Says Too Many A.I. Data Center Developers ‘Don’t Care About Our Communities’
-- AP: EPA Proposal Could Leave The Public In The Dark On A.I. Data Center, Power Plant Plants
Today’s Oil & Gas Violations
-- DEP - Day 545: Oil & Gas MGMT Inc Failed To Finish Cleanup Of Conventional Oil Well Spills Or Respond To DEP Violations In Westmoreland County [PaEN]
-- DEP: Wilmoth Interests Inc. Improperly Disposed Of Oil-Contaminated Soil From A Spill At An Allegheny National Forest Conventional Well Site In Warren County [PaEN]
-- TribLive Guest Essay: Don’t Pull The Plug On Our Energy Industry - Natural Gas - By John Otto, Citizens Energy Council
International/National Impacts On PA Natural Gas
[Energy Independence Means Renewables]
-- September 3: PA Average AAA Gasoline Price Up 1 Penny From Yesterday To $4.29/Gallon - $1.18/Gallon Higher Than On Feb. 27 [Beaver County Average Price Highest at $4.38; Clearfield, Greene, Huntingdon, Washington are at $4.37]
-- September 3: Average AAA Gasoline Prices: National- $4.14 Ohio- $3.90 PA- $4.29
-- Feb. 27: Average AAA Gasoline Prices: National- $2.98 Ohio- $2.79 PA- $3.11
-- Bloomberg: Europe Heads Into Winter With Low Natural Gas Supplies
PA Politics - Everything Is Connected
-- CNBC: PA Gov. Shapiro Says Too Many A.I. Data Center Developers ‘Don’t Care About Our Communities’
-- The Center Square: Shapiro And Garrity Agree To Debate On Oct. 7
-- Spotlight PA: PA Election Results, Shapiro’s Speeches, And State Laws Are All Prediction Market Bets - Could This Lead To Corruption?
-- Spotlight PA: Dozens Of Former PA Lawmakers Now Registered To Lobby Their Old Workplace
-- WHYY: PA Begins Notifying Over 700,000 Medicaid Enrollees About Work Requirements
Click Here for latest PA Environmental News
Like PA Environment Digest on Facebook
Follow PA Environment Digest on Twitter
Read Weekly PA Environment Digest
Diversity - Equity - Inclusion
[Posted: September 3, 2026] PA Environment Digest

No comments :
Post a Comment