Friday, February 19, 2016

John Hanger Leaving Wolf Administration, Other Changes Announced

The Wolf Administration Friday announced Secretary of Policy and Planning, John Hanger, is leaving the administration to spend more time with his wife and daughter, who currently reside in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Gov. Wolf has named Sarah Galbally the Secretary of Policy and Planning. Sarah currently serves as the deputy secretary for policy and planning.
In addition, Gov. Wolf also announced that Will Danowski, who currently is serving as acting Secretary of Legislative Affairs, will now serve in the role permanently.
Hanger’s wife is the vice provost for faculty affairs at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
“John’s service to my administration has been invaluable, and it is difficult to see John leave his current position,” said Gov. Wolf. “I have known John for many years and I am glad that John will continue to provide me the benefit of his counsel and expertise in the years ahead. Sarah has been a key advisor for more than two and a half years. She has served ably as John’s deputy, and I look forward to continuing to work with her in her new role.”
“It has been an honor to serve an extraordinary governor and his administration who work tirelessly to make better Pennsylvania. It is difficult to leave, but I cannot be in two places at once,” said John Hanger. “Commuting regularly to and from Massachusetts and doing my demanding job has become impossible. At this point, it is important to place first my wife of 36 years and my remarkable daughter who have supported me in my work. We have accomplished so much in a little more than one year including Medicaid expansion, a comprehensive plan to combat the heroin crisis and enacting greater environmental protections. Sarah, who has served as my deputy, is a tremendous asset to the administration and I wish her all the best in her new role.”
NewsClips:
Will Hanger’s Departure Change Severance Tax Negotiations?
John Hanger, Wolf’s Policy, Planning Director Resigns
Micek: With Hanger’s Exit, Wolf’s Team Of Rivals Era Over

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe To Receive Updates:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner