Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How To Obtain Federal Flood Damage Assistance

Residents and business owners in the 27 counties designated as a Federal Disaster Area can apply for federal assistance to recover from flooding caused by Tropical Storm Lee.
The counties include: Adams, Bradford, Bucks, Chester, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Montour, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Northumberland, Perry, Philadelphia, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Union, Wyoming and York counties.
Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured or underinsured property losses, and other programs to help people recover from the flooding.
To qualify for aid you MUST FIRST REGISTER WITH FEMA.
You can register by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, or online at the FEMA Disaster Assistance website, or by web-enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov. People who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service call 1-800-621-3362.
FEMA also plans to set up disaster recovery centers in the affected counties where people can go to apply in person. Stay tuned to local media for location announcements.
The following information will be required to register: Social Security Number; Address of damaged property; Description of damage; Insurance information; Contact information; Mailing address; Bank account and routing numbers (if you want direct deposit); and Household income information.
After you complete the application for assistance, you will receive a FEMA application number. Keep your FEMA number for future reference and for checking the status of you application.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe To Receive Updates:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner