Join community members, students and advocates for this free one-day summit to learn new skills for taking on the environmental and health problems resulting from data centers.
Through panels, networking and workshops on skills from planning campaigns to implementing local solutions, participants will learn how to implement local solutions to issues.
The agenda includes--
-- Keynote Speaker: Elan Justice Pavlinich,PhD, Environmental Health Project, Beaver County resident
-- Data Center Lay Of The Land Panel
-- Organizing Workshops
-- Lunch, Table Fair and Networking
-- Round Table Discussion With Community Groups
The Summit will be held at the Monaca United Methodist Church at 813 Indiana Avenue.
Among the groups hosting the Summit are Beaver County Marcellus Awareness Community, PA Interfaith Power & Light, Environmental Health Project, Moms Clean Air Force, FracTracker Alliance, Breathe Project, Clean Air Council, The Climate Reality Project, PennEnvironment, Food & Water Watch and Community Action Works.
To RSVP or learn more, visit the Beaver County Community Organizing Summit On Data Centers webpage.
Related Articles This Week:
-- Hundreds Of Protesters Tell Governor Shapiro, Legislators, “We Won’t Back Down;” Call For Data Center Moratorium [PaEN]
-- PUC Chairman Calls For Preemption Of Local Decisions On Needed Electric Generation Facilities; A Firm Bring Your Own Power Before Data Centers Connect To The Grid; PUC Study Identifies 21 Potential Generation Sites [PaEN]
-- Evangelical Environmental Network Action Celebrates PA House Passage Of Battery Storage Legislation With Bipartisan Support [PaEN]
-- Beaver County Community Organizing Summit On A.I. Data Centers Set For Oct. 17 In Monaca [PaEN]
NewsClips:
-- Erie Times/USAToday: Capitol Rally Pushes Pennsylvania A.I. Data Center Moratorium; Protesters Compare Data Centers To Unfulfilled Promises Of Jobs, Eco-Friendly Of Shale Gas Fracking Industry
-- The Center Square: Disgust, Frustration, Concern Over A.I. Data Centers Unleashed In State Capitol
-- PA Capital-Star: A Call For Gov. Shapiro And State Lawmakers To Pass An A.I. Data Center Moratorium In PA
-- Altoona Mirror: Protesters Demand Legislative Action On A.I. Data Center Moratorium
-- Tribune-Democrat: PA House Advances Bill Requiring Battery Storage For Electric Utilities To Increase Grid Reliability [Republicans Oppose]
-- PennLive/LehighValleyLive: In Pennsylvania, Residents Turn Down $10,000/Household In Hazle Twp., Luzerne County To Back An A.I. Data Center: ‘It’s Like Bribery’
-- PennLive/LehighValleyLive: Outmaneuvered, Outmatched And Outspent: How A.I. Data Centers Are Overwhelming Small-Town America
-- PennLive/LehighValleyLive: Play This A.I. Data Center Simulator To Step Into The Role Of Decision-Maker
-- PA Capital-Star: Some State Leaders Say Changes To PM’s Electric Grid Governance Aren’t Enough
-- Asset Leadership Network: Root Cause Of Energy Unaffordability In PA - Kabuki Theater In Public Utility Ratemaking - And Bad Decision Making - By Richard C. Culbertson, Senior Fellow
[Posted: October 7, 2026] PA Environment Digest

No comments:
Post a Comment