Saturday, January 19, 2019

Sen. Richard Alloway Announces Retirement From The Senate, Active On Chesapeake Bay Issues

On January 18, Sen. Richard Alloway (R-Adams) announced he would be retiring from the Senate effective February 28 after serving for 10 years.
Sen. Alloway was a member of Senate Republican leadership as Caucus Secretary responsible for overseeing and reviewing all nominations by the Governor.
He was also one of Pennsylvania's 6 representatives on the interstate Chesapeake Bay Commission and last session sponsored Senate Bill 792 that would have regulated the application of fertilizer by homeowners and others.  The bill passed the Senate last year, but got hung up in the House.
As a member of the Chesapeake Bay Commission, Sen. Alloway joined his Pennsylvania colleagues in writing to all members of the Senate and House in January 2017 outlining the need to address the state’s statewide water pollution cleanup problems and the need for new, dedicated funding to address it.
He was also active in community tree planting efforts in his district participating in the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay’s Trees For Tomorrow Program.
“It has been an honor and a privilege to hold this position and to be the voice for local communities in Harrisburg for the past decade in the Senate,” said Sen. Alloway. “I am extremely grateful for the trust that has been placed in me by community residents, and from the bottom of my heart, I thank all of my constituents for giving me that amazing opportunity and for helping me to be a better elected official.
“I treasure the personal relationships that I have forged over the years with various citizens and with my colleagues in the Capitol. Every single one holds a special place in my heart.
“However, our forefathers never envisioned public service as a lifetime vocation,” said Sen. Alloway.  “After a decade of fighting to ensure our interests are represented in the General Assembly, the time has come for me to move on to other endeavors and pursue new opportunities. I wish all of my colleagues on both sides of the aisle nothing but the best.”
Sen. Alloway told the Associated Press he would be exploring going into private practice as a lawyer or a lobbyist.
NewsClips:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe To Receive Updates:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner